Friday 30 September 2016

you stole part of my heart

this September I went to Jahan Nama, a protected area around north-east of Iran. Jahan Nama is near Shahrood (my favourite city) and its dominant vegetation is various speicies of Juniper (another favourite of mine):
main vegetation of Jahan Nama (Junipers and onobrychis cornuta)  



trekking in Jahan Nama
our trek crossed the Elborz-range so we passed it ,too. and by passing it the vegetation changed from deserty arid type to oak trees and other water-accustomed plants:
a view of Caspian sea
our path was crossing Elborz range
our over-night camp 

in the other side of Elborz range


Ok, what about flowers and butterflies? Jahan Nama is also an Ecotone, a special one, so I expected  to see some special speceis (butterfly and plant wise) but the trip was designed for watching red deer's behavior in their mating season (we call it Gavbangi) and we must just run over to meet some prearranged points for this purpose. so, I didn't have enough time to take pictures but I managed  to take some:

Coenonympha pamphilus

Berger's Clouded yellow (left) and clouded yellow (right)
Adonis blue
and this flowers was new for me, I only know what is its family:

a member of Boraginacaea family
for more photos you can visit my instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment