Saturday 1 October 2016

A princess in wuthering height


Just a week ago, I went to Parvar, a protected area in Semnan. I went there with two friends, me for butterfly watching and them for bird watching.



Semnan’s weather is dry and hot like a desert but not completely, but Parvar’s weather is a little better (just right for my taste), dry and warm but not agitating. Parvar’s dominant vegetable is Junipers, Acantholimon, Onobrychis and like that:

a view of Parvar protected area


another view of area
In this trip I found two new butterfly that I wanted to see most,  I saw some pictures of them taken in west of Iran (Zagros range) and didn’t expect to see them here, it was a surprise:

African monarch
Gonepteryx (rhamni or farinosa)
I detected both on a barberry bush, african monarch was very still and posed for me to take its picture but the other one (which I should check its species with my teacher) was very shy and didn't let me to take a proper photo.
along our hiking to higher part of area, there were a lot of butterflies of family nymphalidea. they are very shy, always running from here to there and don't have time or better, don't trust you to just stand in a safe distance and take a photo. by the way, I took photos of some, part of them need checking for identification but the easiest and most frequent ones like Hermit (chazara beriseis), White-edged rock brown and maybe even Pch.beroe didn't need identification:

White-edged rock brown


Hermit


I will check the others and will put them on Google+.
Beside butterflies, in height around 3000 mt, in a flat and very windy area I came across this one and my heart jumped to my throat:

a beautiful moth

I don't know what is this moth yet, but it was new for me and I'm very fond of this kind of moth.

No comments:

Post a Comment