Sunday 9 October 2016

a treasure right under my nose

My sixth butterfly watching was near Tehran, in fact it was in our local mountains which are located in north of Tehran. when you start climbing, height is between 1500 to 2000 and it go up to around 4000 m, so just a step over noisy crowded capital lays a perfect site for birding and butterflying.
By the way, recently (since 2 years ago) I go there scarcely because we were flooded with other trips outside of Tehran. but Tehran has a lot to offer and I haven't see almost half of species which others put in Instagram and claim it was taken right under my nose in Tehran. well, finally I went there around middle of August and this is my result:



Wall
(femae)
Holly blue

Pseudochazara thelephassa

Iranian Argus (female)


Iranian Argus (male)
balkan marbled white (always wandering here and there)



Small white, Clouded yellow, Coenonympha saadi, Mediterranean fritillary, Queen of spain fritillary, White edged Rockbrown and Scarce swallowtail were the other records. I don't know why I don't go there more?








No comments:

Post a Comment