Sunday 2 October 2016

What I talk about when I talk about Shahrud

I love this title and use it a lot :-)
Shahrud is my favorite city. I currently live in Tehran, I'm not born in Shahrud and don't even have any relatives there but simply I love it, why?
Shahrud is a combination of my favorite tastes, you have a flat desert then suddenly it ends to a mountain and then after a while dry weather changes to more humid one, and along with that every thing changes. all of this in a 40 min car-drive from city. I prayed it in this post in my old blog, too (an overwhelming love, huh?)
in this post, I want to show my darling through its nature, birds and butterflies. come with me:


let start with desert


the desert ends here and starts to climb up
gradually clouds come and vegetation changes again from Junipers to ...
... Onobrychis, Acantholimon, Acanthophyllum
and in the end, desert metamorphose to a jungle


I will upload birds in Google+, now a glipmse at butterflies that I've seen in Shahrud:

Coenonympha saadi

Knapweed fritillary
Painted lady
Small copper
Melitaea persea
Papilio machaon
and finally some of its wonderful flora:

Acanthophyllum

Campanula

Tulip
Verbascum
Acroptilon

Scutellaria

for more photos in general you can visit my instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment